Connect with us

Trump’s golf bill now tops $100 million

News

Trump’s golf bill now tops $100 million

Trump’s golf bill now tops $100 million

It’s not the most significant broken promise of Trump’s presidency, but it might be the most brazen. In August of 2016, Donald Trump stood before an audience in northern Virginia and made a casual, but firm promise. As president, he said, “I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to play golf.”

President Donald Trump has racked up up a hefty golf bill since taking office, costing taxpayers an extra $102 million in travel and security expenses.

The president has golfed at his Florida courses on 24 different occasions, which has cost taxpayers $81 million, according to a Huffington Post analysis released Wednesday.

Another $17 million was spent for his 15 trips to Trump National Golf Club Bedminster in New Jersey, $1 million for a visit to his resort in Los Angeles and a minimum of $3 million was spent on a two day trip in July 2018 to the Trump International Golf Links in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.

Almost half the money spent on the Scotland golf outing was to cover the rental cars expenses needed for the entourage that accompanies the president on his trips abroad.

Trump is a big golf fan, and even awarded golf legend Tiger Woods the Presidential Medal of Freedom after his comeback where he won the Masters last month.

The over $100 million in golf expenses is expected to increase substantially with Trump’s scheduled visit to his club in Doonbeg, Ireland next month, which, the analysis says will garner a seven-figure bill.

Trump is making his stop in Ireland as part of his scheduled June trip to Europe.

The White House announced Tuesday that he would be traveling to England and France as part of commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day.

Later in the day Tuesday the White House said that Trump would be meeting with Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar in Shannon, Ireland, just a few dozen miles from the Doonbeg resort.

According to a CNN report, the president wanted to meet with Varadkar at his resort, but the Irish government felt it would be inappropriate.

‘Protocol dictates that any event they host for President Trump should be at a venue of their choosing and certainly not at an hotel owned by Trump.’ a source said of the Irish government, according to CNN. ‘It is a bit unseemly to demand that the Taoiseach (Irish prime minister) host President Trump at his hotel.’

Trump and other Republicans often criticized former President Barack Obama for golfing.

However, the current president has spent twice as many days on the course as Obama did at the same point in his first term, and Trump has cost taxpayers three times as much since he insists on trips to New Jersey and Florida to play at his resorts.

Trump volunteered not take the presidential salary, saving taxpayers $400,000 per year, but he has spent 255 times that amount on golf outings.

The cost is also three times the amount Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation cost taxpayers, which summated to more than $12.2 million.

Continue Reading
You may also like...
16 Comments

16 Comments

1. Casey

May 23, 2019 at 7:41 am

Who cares? He’s donated his whole salary idiots!

2. Laura

May 23, 2019 at 8:08 am

But, he does not take a salary as President, you snowflake critics can’t have it both ways, grow up.

3. Russell E Meyers

May 23, 2019 at 9:07 am

How much money did Obama send to Iran? Billions

4. Russell E Meyers

May 23, 2019 at 9:09 am

How much did Obama send to Obama? Billions FOUR!

5. Sarah Tarkington

May 24, 2019 at 9:38 am

Emm, how much did Obama cost us while he was frequently playing golf? Don’t remember anyone reporting on that invoice.

6. how to get help in windows 10

May 28, 2019 at 12:14 am

Ahaa, its pleasant discussion about this article at this place
    at this webpage, I have read all that, so now me also commenting here.

7. how to get help in windows 10

May 30, 2019 at 10:24 pm

Hello! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him.
    Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

8. gamefly free trial

May 31, 2019 at 7:21 am

This is the right site for everyone who would like to find
    out about this topic. You understand so much its
    almost tough to argue with you (not that I really would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic that has been discussed for a long time.
    Wonderful stuff, just excellent!

9. gamefly free trial

June 2, 2019 at 11:25 am

Excellent, what a web site it is! This website presents valuable
    information to us, keep it up.

10. gamefly free trial

June 3, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Hi there, after reading this remarkable post i am as well happy
    to share my familiarity here with colleagues.

11. gamefly free trial

June 4, 2019 at 10:01 am

Tremendous things here. I am very satisfied to look your article.

Thanks a lot and I’m taking a look forward to touch you.
    Will you kindly drop me a mail?

12. gamefly free trial

June 6, 2019 at 9:00 pm

Amazing! Its really amazing piece of writing, I have got much clear idea concerning from this piece of writing.

13. gamefly free trial

June 7, 2019 at 11:22 am

Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be okay.
    I’m absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

14. ps4 games 2019 list coming out

June 7, 2019 at 10:25 pm

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend
    your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal.
    I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

15. playstation 4 best games ever made 2019

June 11, 2019 at 9:31 pm

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future
    and it is time to be happy. I have read this post
    and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you can write next articles referring to
    this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

16. quest bars cheap

June 14, 2019 at 6:08 am

I visited multiple sites however the audio quality for audio songs present at this website is truly superb.