Connect with us

TEN babies have died in a Fisher-Price sleeper, officials warn parents to stop using the rocking crib

“Fisher-Price warns consumers to stop using the product when infants can roll over, but the reported deaths show that some consumers are still using the product when infants are capable of rolling and without using the three point harness restraint,” the warning states.

The issue, the company said, is that the sleeper is only meant for infants 3 months and younger. Once infants reach 3 months of age, they tend to be able to roll over on their own.

At least 10 babies have died in Fisher-Price’s ‘Rock ‘n Play’ sleeper since 2015, a warning from the company and the US Product Safety Commission (USPSC) revealed on Friday. The USPSC did not reveal the exact causes of the babies’ deaths, but said they died after rolling from their stomachs to the backs or sides unrestrained in the sleeper.

A previous warning from Fisher-Price said that babies over three months old that were not buckled into the sleeper had rolled over and fallen out of it to their deaths.

Both the USPSC and Fisher-Price are warning parents to stop using the rocking crib without restraints after their children are over three months old. Safe sleeping is always a top-priority concern for new parents.

Some studies have suggested that babies that sleep on their backs have a lower chance of dying of sudden infant death syndrome. baby sleeping on their stomach can much more easily choke if they regurgitate milk, the USCPSC warns.

More importantly, if they are sleeping somewhere high and without some kind of barrier around them, babies that roll over can fall. Elevated rockers and bassinets come with warnings that babies should be always strapped in to the seat. But despite instructions and prior warnings, 10 babies have fallen to their deaths since 2015.

The USCPSC and Fisher-Price are now begging parents to stop using the Rock ‘n Play Sleeper as soon as their children are able to roll over when they are awake – as they are then able to do so in their sleep too – or after they are three months old.

Fisher-Price said in a statement that their product meets safety standards.But the risk that it will be used improperly is too high, and the cost too great.  ‘A child fatality is an unimaginable tragedy,’ the company said in a statement.

‘We are there with you from the moment you bring your child home and take our responsibility for product safety very seriously.’

Continue Reading
You may also like...
8 Comments

8 Comments

1. how to get help in windows 10

May 28, 2019 at 10:45 am

You need to take part in a contest for one of the
    best sites on the internet. I most certainly will recommend this website!

2. gamefly free trial

June 2, 2019 at 9:54 pm

Wow, this piece of writing is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing
    these things, so I am going to tell her.

3. gamefly free trial

June 3, 2019 at 9:41 am

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
    The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Chrome.

I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something
    to do with web browser compatibility but I thought
    I’d post to let you know. The design look great though!
    Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Thanks

4. gamefly free trial

June 3, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Right here is the perfect site for anybody who wants to find out about this topic.
    You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that
    I personally would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject which has been written about for ages.
    Wonderful stuff, just great!

5. gamefly free trial

June 4, 2019 at 12:50 pm

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a
    sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She
    never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!

6. gamefly free trial

June 7, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Fine way of explaining, and nice piece of writing to obtain facts
    on the topic of my presentation topic, which i am going to deliver in university.

7. gamefly free trial 2019 coupon

June 10, 2019 at 6:45 am

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of
    any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some
    experience with something like this. Please
    let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your
    blog and I look forward to your new updates.

8. quest bars cheap

June 14, 2019 at 9:33 am

It’s going to be ending of mine day, however before finish
    I am reading this enormous article to increase
    my knowledge.