It’s going to be summer before you know it and we all know what that means! It’s time to ‘SUIT UP’! That’s right! You’ve been working hard all Winter and now the Spring on those abs – crunching it out, eating clean and now it’s time to let that six-pack show! Throw on that suit and head to the beach. Show those ladies that you’re ripped to the core!
If you want to compare yourself with the “top 10 male celebrities with abs” you may want to check this out! You can even rank the celebrities up or down, depending on if you like chiseled abs, smooth abs or just in-your-face abs. So go ahead, let er’ rip! Vote for your favorite male celebrity’s six pack abs or the abs you think are the best. Remember though, I didn’t come up with this list, so don’t blame me if they don’t meet your standards.
To the ladies, enjoy!
To the men, these are the abs most ladies enjoy looking at! Ask yourself, if you’re there yet?
Here’s the top 10 Male Celebrities With The Best Abs:
- Chris Evans or ‘Captain America’. Talk about some plyometrics and strength training. In preparing for Captain America, Evans did 3 sets of each of the following ab exercises with 30 reps each: ab crunches, upper body crunches, reverse crunches, double crunches and bicycle crunches.
2. Ryan Reynolds, star of ‘Blade Trinity‘. Ryan chiseled his ‘Monster’ abs down by working hard on specific body parts along with arms and abs 6 days a week for 2 hours a day. Reynolds crunched out 500 – 1000 situps a day. His workouts featured upper body crunches with 50 reps/set, weighted decline bench sit ups, leg lifts with a ball/weight, and wood choppers.
3. Zac Efron, star of ‘Baywatch’ and upcoming ‘The Greatest Showman’. Zac became shredded with less than 5% body fat for his role in ‘Baywatch’ after 12 weeks of training. His ab workouts included situps, hanging leg raises, crunches, laying leg raises, and flutter kicks. Zac would probably tell you his abs were ‘made in the kitchen’ by eating clean and implementing carb cycling.
4. Channing Tatum, star of ‘Magic Mike’ and ‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation’. Tatum stuck to a Paleo diet with often up to 3-hour workouts. For his abs, he concentrated on situps, hanging leg raises and mountain climbers. His workouts were often focused on circuit training with a couple body parts a day. Again, his cut abs were attributed to diet and exercise.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo (CR-7) is professional soccer player from Portuguese. Ronaldo trains 5-6 days a week, 3-5 hours a day. Part of Ronaldo’s ab routines include hanging leg raises, knee tuck jumps, one-arm-side deadlifts and overhead slams. In addition, Ronaldo tries to maintain a healthy diet of protein, low carbs and healthy fats.
6. Chris Hemsworth or ‘Thor’. Chris used some old-school bodybuilding training techniques. Chris had to pack on 20 pounds for his role. However, when it came to his abs he focused on hanging leg raises, planks, side planks, and toes-to-bar exercises.
7. Brad Pitt – (do you really need a reminder) – star of ‘Fight Club’. Brad’s physique was described as “visceral and hard-edged”. It was a leaner look with cleaner defined abs and light muscle. His ab workout included front and side planks. His diet included low fats and carbs, and high protein.
8. Joe Manganiello, star of Spider-Man. Joe started every workout with an ab circuit. Talk about a chiseled set of Hollywood abs! Joe’s ab exercises included hanging leg raises, ab crunches, hip-ups, and mountain climbers. Joe also maintained a clean diet of chicken, rice and veggies. Joe abs were great enough to land Sofia Vergara. These abs should be rated #1 in my book.
9. Hugh Jackman, star of ‘X-Men’ and ‘Wolverine’. Jackman used a combined heavy workout (1-5 reps) followed by a high workout. His diet included carb cycling. High carbs for heavy weight training days, and low-carb on rest days. His ab workouts included weighted situps and ab wheel rollouts, along with V-ups, cable Russian twists, hanging knee raises, and walking planks.
10. Brad Cooper, actor in ‘American Sniper’. Cooper had to gain 35-40 pounds of muscle to play the role. He worked out twice a day for about 2 hours a session. His ab circuits included situps, crunches, hanging leg raises, and planks. Cooper’s body was as solid as a Navy Seal.
Those are the top 10 ranked male celebrities with the best abs. If you’d like to see more, click here.
Remember if you want to have those chiseled and ripped abs, they start first in the kitchen followed by clean eating and a regular routine of exercise or weight training with ab exercises. If you want to “be like Mike,” you have to train and eat like Mike too!
Good luck! Enjoy those abs at the beach this summer, even if they are not as ripped as Spider-Man’s, Thor’s, G.I. Joe’s, Captain America’s or the American Sniper’s.