MI5 has arrested a 14th suspect in the London Bridge terrorist attacks. Police searched a house in Christchurch Road, Ilford, after arresting a 30 year-old man on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorist acts. There’s not much more information on the new arrest. 12 of the 13 who were originally arrested in connection to the attacks have been released. That’s just insane. Meanwhile, a British minister is now saying that the EU watchlist should have stopped at least one of the London Bridge attackers. MI5 is now reviewing all counter-terrorism measures, as they should at this point.
Damian Green, the works and pensions secretary, who was a Home Office minister when Theresa May was home secretary, has stated that he would not speculate as to what went wrong in stopping Youssef Zaghba, an Italian national of Moroccan descent, from arriving in the UK despite being placed on an EU-wide watchlist. I can tell you right now that the system is full of incompetence and corruption and that is one of the primary reasons the watchlist is not working. Also at play is suicidal political correctness. People are too afraid of being charged with Islamophobia in Europe to do their damned jobs anymore. They actually put you in prison there for that, calling it a hate crime.
From The Guardian:
- The number of people killed in Saturday’s attack has increased to eight after police searching for missing Frenchman Xavier Thomasrecovered a body from the Thames at Limehouse. The French president, Emmanuel Macron, confirmed that three French citizens were killed in the attack. He did not confirm their names.
- Ignacio Echeverría, who is believed to have used his skateboard to protect a woman during the attack has been confirmed as among the dead. Both his family and the government released statements confirming his death. The Spanish interior minister, Juan Ignacio Zoido said “Echeverría’s heroism should be our guide”.
- Six other victims have been named as: Australian women Sara Zelenak and Kirsty Boden, Canadian Christine Archibald, Briton James McMullan, and two Frenchmen Alexandre Pigeard and Sébastien Bélanger. Zelenak became the second person to be officially named by police as among the dead.
- Three more of the casualties from Saturday night have now left hospital, and five are no longer in critical care, the NHS said in its latest update.Twenty-nine of the injured are still being treated in five different London hospitals, down from 32 yesterday and 10 are still receiving critical care, five fewer than the 15 in that category yesterday.
- Police investigating Saturday’s attack have arrested a man in Ilford on suspicion of terror offences. He is the 14th person to be arrested. Twelve people arrested earlier in the week have been released.
Zaghba, Pakistan-born British citizen Khuram Butt, 27, and Rachid Redouane, 30, who claimed to be Moroccan-Libyan, launched their killing spree around London Bridge and Borough Market on Saturday night, killing eight people and injuring more than 50. All three were shot dead by armed police officers. But not before they slaughtered innocent people with foot-long knives and the van they used as a weapon.
Theresa May on Tuesday night declared she was prepared to rip up human rights laws to impose new restrictions on terror suspects, as she sought to gain control over the security agenda just 36 hours before the polls open. First off, this is not likely to save May in this election now. She brought this on herself by getting rid of 20,000 police officers last year and leaving their borders wide open to refugees. Now, she wants to censor the Internet to control Jihadists, but what that will do is have those that speak out against radical Islamists punished for being Islamophobes. Ripping up human rights paves the way for martial law, military in the streets and even internment camps. So, be careful Brits… we’ve seen this movie before.
This is a classic example of how the system in Europe is failing and letting terrorists through. In March of 2016, Zaghba tried to get to Syria and was confronted by officials after he became agitated as he approached the check-in desk at Bologna airport. He told them: “I am going to be a terrorist.” His passport and phone were impounded. Propaganda videos and religious sermons found on the phone appeared to confirm his intent to join ISIS. After he was stopped at Bologna airport, details concerning his actions were uploaded to the Schengen information-sharing system. He was investigated, but not charged and soon afterwards he moved to east London, where he is understood to have taken a job in a Pakistani restaurant. Scotland Yard said he was not a police or MI5 subject of interest. And why the hell not? Fail.
Britain is getting ready to crack down on all of her citizens because people are afraid to confront evil in their streets. This is going to end very, very badly if they don’t get their act together and soon. Theresa May scares the heck out of me.